Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13

I had heard a lot about del.icio.us, but I'd never used it before, so I created an account. I think it's really neat to be able to use my bookmarks on any computer. I imported all my bookmarks from my home and work computers, and now I'm going through them and editing the tags and sharing them and stuff. As a research tool, I think it's only as good as what a lot of people tag. I mean, I guess I can see potential for that use, but I don't see that as becoming a widespread application of the service. I think the tags and shared bookmarks will definitely be used more for the "Hey! check out this video of a cat that can flush a toilet!" set. For myself, I think it's great to be able to bookmark things and access them from anywhere. More than once, I've been on someone else's computer and wished I had my bookmarks.

No comments: