Saturday, June 23, 2007

ALA Day 2

I'm full of cool ideas! I wait to one mediocre session and one really great one. This morning. I went to a session on programs for small and medium sized libraries. The first speaker was pretty good. She talked about their teen area. T got a line on a contest where the prize is Demco coming in and redecorating the teen area. I'm going to call Rosemary on Monday to talk about it because the applications are due by the end of the conference. The second speaker was not so good. All she talked about was her library's circ stats and their booth at the 4-H fair, so I cut out and caught the last hour of Patricia Cornwell. She was great. It was interesting hearing about how she writes, and she took a lot of questions from the audience. Unfortunately, she answered my question before I got to ask it. It was a good one, too. after that I worked my way through some of the exibition hall and got all kinds of cool freebies. after lunch, I went to ''Programming not just for Boomers." It was excellent. I took tons of notes, and got some really great ideas for programs for older seniors, and some ideas for Generation X too. I'll detail it all in the programming team blog when I get back. After that I hit some more vendors, then headed back to the hotel to decompress. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jennifer Ranck said...

Thanks for blogging about ALA - can't wait to hear all your good ideas!! Blogs seem like a great way to share info with other staff about workshops, conferences, etc. Sometimes staff meetings don't always allow time for that sort of thing.